Here you'll find a variety of information useful for librarians interested in Berghahn Journals. Select a tab below to find out more.
For questions, feedback, or if you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us.
Berghahn Journals online
- Newly published issues are already fully accessible to active library subscribers via IP address.
- Libraries have full access to the online archive for the duration of their active subscription.
Online access provides a range of benefits:
- Free searching and browsing of all Berghahn Journals content;
- A robust, stable platform with industry-standard tools and state-of-the-art features, including ToC alerts and RSS feeds as new issues are posted;
- Live OpenURL compliant links to and from major Indexing and Abstracting resources;
- Comprehensive end-user advantages including saved searches, social bookmarking and citation manager exports.
For subscriptions and claims, please contact Turpin Distribution directly.
Any technical difficulties in accessing subscribed content should be referred to Berghahn in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Institutional Rates
If your library does not subscribe to a particular journal, please fill out a recommendation form which is located on the homepages of all Berghahn Journals. Institutional subscriptions give library patrons full and free access to the journal's archive for the duration of an active subscription.
PRINT SINGLE ISSUES
Single print issues can be purchased directly from Berghahn for current issues as well as for issues from volumes going back two years. For older issues, please contact Periodicals Service Company. Single online issues are not yet available, but online articles can be purchased in a number of different ways.
Berghahn is partnered with JSTOR to offer online content for several of our journals with more titles to be released over the coming years. Back issues older than three years have been digitized and made available; they can be accessed through those libraries with subscriptions to the entire collection or those specific collections in which the journals are placed.
"Get It Now" from Copyright Clearance Center
This service offers an attractive alternative to interlibrary loan (ILL) by providing library patrons with the immediate fulfillment of full-text articles from unsubscribed journals through a cost-effective, and easy-to-use application integrated into the library's ILL or online catalog. Please contact your librarian about this option.
60-day institutional online trials are available for all Berghahn journals. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Berghahn Journals site provides COUNTER reports in accordance with the COUNTER Code of Practice v4.0: https://www.projectcounter.org/
· Log into the Access Management System using the credentials provided by Berghahn
o If you cannot locate this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Select the "Reports" tab, under which you will find the following reports and the NISO SUSHI service information.
o JR 1 - Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
o JR 1 - GOA - Number of Gold Open-Access Article Requests by Month and Journal
o JR 2 - Access Denied to Full-Text Articles by Month, Journal and Category
o JR 5 - Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Year-of-Publication (YOP) and Journal
· You have the option to run a report based on the current calendar year (2017) or to select a timeframe of your own choosing using the the various dropdowns.
o Please note that due to changes in our platform vendor, reports for Q1 2016 are no longer available.
o In addition, owing to the transfer, reports for Q2 2016 are not included in the above online reports and need be requested from Berghahn directly. Please contact us at: email@example.com
· It is also possible to see partial data for the current month by changing the "End Date”. Reports are updated on a nightly basis and reflect the events of the previous 24-hours.
· Reports may be downloaded for viewing within a browser using the HTML option, or downloaded as TSV of CSV files.
If you have any questions or problems accessing these reports, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org